Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Time Will Come (1)

The Time Will Come was begun by Books For Company.
Each Thursday, we highlight a book from our shelves we are anxious to read but haven't gotten around to yet.
(I took the liberty of using a different graphic to represent the meme.)


I thought my first post in this meme would be about the book I'm most anxious to read, but instead it's going to be about the book I feel most guilty about not having read. It's Into the Wildewood by Gillian Summers, book two in The Faire Folk Trilogy. I read book one, The Tree Shepherd's Daughter, in June 2008. It had a magical quality that few books are able to achieve. The protagonist, Keelie, was immensely likable, as were many of the minor characters. One of the most interesting things about it was that it was set in a Renaissance Faire. The writing wasn't brilliant, but Summers avoided most of the pitfalls that many other YA authors tumble into. It was just one of those books that you don't want to end, and when it does, you want to read the next book right away. But by the time the second book was out, I was deep into other series. I kept promising it that I would read it any day now...soon...one of these days.... And now, not only has the trilogy been completed, but a spin-off trilogy is already two books deep! Oh, the time has definitely come to enter Into the Wildewood!

Book One
Book Three



3 comments:

Books for Company said...

Thanks so much for joining in, l always find l love the first in a series but l still take ages to get to the next one!

Dawn said...

What's wrong with you? I know you loved the first one! Hop to it! :)

Jennifer said...

@BooksforCompany: That happens to me all the time. I'm hoping to use your meme to get me back into a series or two. Or three or four....
@Dawn: It's going to be the next book I take off my shelves!